Tuesday 15 September 2015

Offer Accepted!


Having just had an offer accepted on our first home together, I can't help but begin to mentally renovate and redecorate it! After years of choosing wallpaper and designing kitchens for other peoples homes, I'm finally free to unleash my creativity on my own period property - it was the cornicing that sold it!  

I'm sure there must be others out there who also get excited about colour schemes and fabrics, but unfortunately my other half is not one of them. Therefore I'm going to share my ideas with you and welcome any opinions or experiences you have. 


So beginning with the living room which houses many character features, I'm thinking of using grey and rust, this is the inspiration I've put together so far...



I love the additional accent colours in this scheme which could be used for the cushions, throws and other accessories. My next task is to find a wallpaper in deep rust to go under the picture rail, which I plan to make a feature of using a contrasting colour. 


I was drawn to the different textures in this room and love the idea of using small amounts of velvet to create a luxury feel. 


Finally, when researching window treatments I came across some fabulous modern pelmets, a far cry from the floral, padded 80s designs. I think this cornice valance will fit perfectly with the existing architectural details in the room. 

I'll post before pictures of the room once the house actually belongs to us! In the meantime I'll be designing the kitchen!















No comments:

Post a Comment